Friday, April 20, 2007

New House(<>)New Bike

So I have returned after weeks of Songran splashing and cowering I've come back with a bang and a bunch of blog entries. enjoy.

Update on the beige puppy- She's back up and running. Her leg had a miraculous Easter healing, and is pretty much all healed.


Front of the house- (the lady who owns it owns a resort across the street so we get nice patio furniture and plants with our private gardener that comes every day and waters and sweeps away debris). And notice there are two bikes- mine's the black one on the right.


Pilar walking from the living room into the kitchen. Look closely and you can see my baby blue electric wok I just bought.


My bedroom- the bed was included. And it just so happens that its the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in-in Thailand. (most mattresses feel like a piece of plywood wrapped in a moving blanket). This bed has a good six inches of foam before you hit plywood. The blanket and sheets were also an added surprise bonus.


Eww, one night Kelly and I were watching a movie in the living room, and I noticed a bunch of bugs flying around inside around the light, I got up to shoo them outside, and noticed that they were coming from the crack under the door. So I opened the door and boom- it was like the 7th Plague of Apocalypse! These winged bugs were everywhere all trying to get the closest to our porch light. I screamed and slammed the door. We later noticed that there were significantly less, then we noticed this Tookgeh lizard on the porch looking very full and surrounded by only wings from once winged insects. (The wings just must be filled with carbs).


And here is a second very full Tookgeh on my Honda Dream motorbike.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the new house seems nice!!! and your own motorcycle. woo wee!!!

Tana said...

She's not kidding about Thai mattresses feeling like a piece of wood covered with a moving blanket!

Beky said...

Yep, i really lucked out with the bed. I was just about to buy a foam mat from Tesco for like $15 dollars!

Molli said...

$15 dollars US? Pee-bah! Sweet on the new house and mattress. And wok.