Wooo! I can't believe I'm here. I can't believe I moved from Thailand. I can't believe that I'll be in the states in less than a month.
Leaving school was a little hard. The kids took it easy enough.. which was good, but sad that they're so used to goodbyes. But I miss them, and hope to go back soon to visit.
So back to the wonderful city of Paris. I'm in love...it smells like melted cheese and butter, the metro and buses come every two minutes, shop workers say hello, and merci. The perfect big city. I can easily see why Molli would want to move here.
Leaving school was a little hard. The kids took it easy enough.. which was good, but sad that they're so used to goodbyes. But I miss them, and hope to go back soon to visit.
So back to the wonderful city of Paris. I'm in love...it smells like melted cheese and butter, the metro and buses come every two minutes, shop workers say hello, and merci. The perfect big city. I can easily see why Molli would want to move here.
So just a couple of notes about my lucky adventure:
There are only two original metro signs left in the city, this is one of them. This first photo is the one at Abbesse station.
l'arc de triomphe: along the champs de lysee, you look down one end and see L'arc de Triomphe, and if you look down the other way you see Concord Place, or Place de la Concord.
Sacre Couer: the Sacred Heart Bascilica-many steps, small, winding, narrow steps.
Flea Market: I bought some woodblock letters for letterpressing.
Seine River: during the summers they put sand out along the board walk, and have summer activities such as: ballroom dancing, boules, sprinklers, trampolines, and acrobats.
L'opera: An underground lake was discovered while building, giving the basis for the Victor Hugo's Phantom of the Opera.
Moulin Rouge: Where the Can-Can was invented.
Angelina Cafe: Hot Coco so thick and rich I could feel it enter my blood stream.
Notre Dame: haven't spotted that hunchback yet.
Squirrel Fabric: I bought some today. Its super chic.
Me and Le Louvre: I'm working up the energy to visit the inside.


3 comments:
Augggg! I want to be there now! The pictures are really nice!
cool!!! i like the squirrel fabric! i think it would be hard to go there and have to move back to the U.S.
I love Beky in Paris! It is the dreamiest place ever and I am so happy you are enjoying it's magical charm.
Post a Comment