Monday, April 30, 2007

Mountains of Mae Sai

Since I've recently bought the motorcycle I've gone on some little exploring adventures. Here's some nice photos of what I've seen so far.


This is downtown Mae Sai at night, I'm at a Thai temple on top of Doi Wow.


One early morning at the crack of 7:45am, I was on morning radio duty and snapped this just before the driveway to the school.


This man was working across the street from where I took that last shot. I wonder what he's going to plant.


Two Saturdays ago, I went exploring on a dirt farm road behind my neighborhood, it led to rice fields, then to this bigger road which led to another town, and some cows crossing the street. I wish I could get the video uploader to work, because after the cows past, there was a lady whose job it was to chase them with a bamboo stick and run after them and be a human herder, she was running around a lot, and it was hot outside.

Mountains to Doi Tung

Just this last Saturday evening I had a little time to kill and wanted to explore the mountains behind the school (to the west). Once on top of the first peak (about 10 minutes from school), it overlooks to the west even more...I think this may be Burma. The little white streak in the middle is a river.


Taken from across the street at the first peak, this overlooks to the east to the valley of Mae Sai. I circled the school in blue. This was one of the mountains that was on fire a while ago.


La La Lahhhhh....the bike of freedom and adventure.


A white wat that overlooks Mae Sai.


About halfway through my little excursion-there were little mountain villages and tribes spread out in the mountains. I think it looks almost European. I like the little grove of trees they've planted, I like to pretend they're nectarines. I think these are the backs of the mountains behind the Tesco Lotus Store.


The end of my excursion. Looking towards the west. Shortly after I took this photo my bike fell over with me on it. Ooops. (no injuries though). I was parked perpendicular to the really steep hill I was on, but when I tried to back up the bike it was kinda scary because I couldn't hold the foot break down because I needed that foot so I wouldn't fall down the hill, so I was using the weak hand break...but it just didn't break enough. So I just kinda lightly laid my bike down as I was standing over it. Oh well. I was just nervous that a car would come whipping around the corner and hit me. Which a car did come around the corner, but they were going slow. Finally I was able to pick up the bike, get it into neutral, then pop it into 1st gear once I was going down the hill real quick while also keeping my balance and my foot on the break. I'm really not that clutsy, I just couldn't defy gravity and the weight of my bike all at once.


(this is not from the same trip)

but is the front side of the mountains at Tesco Lotus parking lot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that last picture!!!

Beky said...

I love youuuuuu!!!