Monday, June 11, 2007

Misc.


So what we got going on here is 3 small ants carrying 1 large ant up the wall and out the window. Quite miscellaneous.


The store I bought the Cheese for the Lasanga at in Chiang Mai, called Rim Ping. And yes if you look closely, it says organic in above the vegetables. And I'm supposed to look happy, but really it looks like I'm overwhelmed with emotions of all the western selections in the grocery store...but give me a break, its been almost a year that I've been here in Thailand.


A waterfall just outside of the city of Chiang Mai.


A friendly dragon fly.


Not so friendly spider no.1.


Not so friendly spider no.2. (both found on the same day). They were bigger than the palm of my hand.

Cute Things Section

cute shirt- molli I told you about this one- buttons, a bow, plaid, and polka dots. Who knew it could work all together. I bought it at the night bazaar in Chiang Rai. Only about $5.


Cute skirt from Big C. Big and small polka dots, and flowers.


A cool big bag from the Chiang Mai, thought it'd be good for carrying all my goodies on the subway, when I move back to New York.


Random- so our neighbor down the driveway was having a funeral. This is it. If you look closely you can see the elaborate casket (gold with red) on top of the dragon with red glowing eyes. And the lights around the dragon are colored vertical florescent lights. And on top of it all, they had monks chanting until late every night for a week. Kinda weird, especially that all of this was just set up in the middle of the main neighborhood road.


Lychee season, they're so ripe, the trees are drooping.


I began teaching silk screening to about 10 boys, as a vocational skill. Here's our first test screen.

No comments: